I KNOW HOW HARD YOU'RE WORKING
I see you. I see you caring for everyone in your life, going above and beyond for your employer/children/spouse/parents/pets and STILL somehow making time for your writing. Your commitment and perseverance are amazing and I have no doubt that you will finish your book.
I also know how hard it can be to try and do this alone. Writers need support. We need a place to ask questions, to get inspired, to actually get some damn work done.
That's why I created the Sit Write Here online writing community, a weekly group coaching program coupled with writing sessions hosted via Zoom four times a week to help you keep yourself accountable, get advice when you need it, and make serious progress toward finishing your manuscript.
HOW IT WORKS
When you join, you get access to our powerful online community portal.
The portal lists all of our upcoming meetings, and provides a news feed (much like you would see on Facebook, but without all the icky politics) where members can ask questions, share resources, set goals and keep each other accountable.
We have two kinds of meetings...
We meet online via Zoom every Wednesday at 11am PT for one hour for group coaching sessions. These can include:
- Writer Q&A - get practical tips to improve your writing on a granular level
- Brainstorming sessions - work with the group to brainstorm solutions to larger story/plot problems
- Live pages edits - writers submit work from a draft or a query letter for a live page edit
- Book club discussions - we alternate between books on craft and award winning prose, always with the aim of improving our own writing
- Mindfulness talks - tailored specifically to explore how mindfulness can help us be more focused and productive writers
- Submission support - we cheer each other on as we send our work out into the world. Don't have anything to submit yet? Work with a prompt to get your creative juices flowing.
All meetings are recorded and available in perpetuity on our members-only portal.
Practice tapping into a state of deep, creative focus. Every Sit Write Here online community writing session includes:
- A 15-minute guided meditation designed to help us drop into a seriously focused state
- Followed immediately by 60 minutes of silent writing time
- At the end of the session we take 15 minutes to talk about how our writing is going, set our next goals, and cheer each other on.
These are tremendously productive sessions. It's not uncommon for writers to log over 1,000 words in an hour. Make a habit of coming 3 times a week and you'll have a draft in half a year!
Writers are welcome to come late or leave early as they need to.
Writing sessions are held via Zoom at 9:30am Pacific every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Most meetings are hosting by April, but she does call on trained, qualified professionals to help out when her schedule requires it.
HOW TO JOIN
This community is precious because the writers in it are freaking awesome.
This is why you won't find a button anywhere that allows you to simply pop in. We're going to have to get to know each other a little bit first. That said, you don't have to be very far along in your writing journey to join. If you're serious about your writing, and willing to bring your best self to the community discussions, we're happy to have you.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW:
All are welcome in our community (except for those who engage in hateful speech - we reserve the right to boot anyone who makes someone else feel unwelcome).
The cost to join is $59 a month. You get one month for free when you sign up for a year.
We meet 5 times a week (once for group coaching and four times for writing sessions), but you don't have to attend every meeting. Come as often as you like.
April occasionally has guest hosts (when on a vacation or tight deadline). They are always highly trained, interesting folks with good things to teach us.